The Work Exchange Program is an opportunity to experience PachaMama and become an integral part of the community through service. It allows the participants of the program to cover a substantial part of their expenses through work while still keeping transformation as their main focus.
Work Exchangers in PachaMama enjoy a good work/life balance, allowing them to devote time to meditation and personal growth as well as participate in workshops and community events. Depending on the different branches of work, opportunities may be available to learn vocational skills such as gardening, carpentry and cooking.
The Work Exchange program affords one the chance to meet and connect with likeminded travelers from around the world, melt into the ways of PachaMama and become a part of the tribe. Each Work Exchanger’s contribution is honored and their commitment to the community greatly appreciated.
• The minimum commitment is six weeks (this includes the time spent in two workshops)
• Work week consists of 25 working hours a week
• Work Exchangers are expected to attend four evening meditations (daily Silent Sittings) per week
• Work Exchangers are expected to participate in at least two workshops or groups
• Health insurance is required
• Free camping spot in the work exchange camping area
• Free daily classes and activities (meditations, yoga, dance, tai chi, pilates, etc.)
• Work-exchangers are eligible to enjoy free lunches Monday thru Friday in the Work Exchange Kitchen and free dinner every night at Verde Restaurant. Lunches consist of a traditional Costa Rican meal and dinner is a light meal consisting of soup and rice.
Additional meals can be purchased at a 50% discount in the organic, vegetarian restaurant. Work Exchangers will also have access to a refrigerator in the Work Exchange Kitchen where they can store the food they purchase for any additional meals.
For six week commitment:
• 50% discount on Casitas upon availability
• 40% discount on two workshops (not including Clarity Breathwork, Yoga Teacher Training, and the Transformation Cycle*)
• 15% discount on events
For 3 – 5 months commitment:
• 75% discount on Casitas upon availability
• 40% discount on three workshops (not including Clarity Breathwork, Yoga Teacher Training, and the Transformation Cycle*)
• 15% discount on events
For 6 months and more commitment: (until early September)
• Free Casita upon availability
• 40% discount on all workshops (not including Clarity Breathwork, Yoga Teacher Training, and the Transformation Cycle*)
• 25% discount on events
* 10% discount may apply for Yoga Teacher Training and Transformation Cycle – subject to availability. For the time of participation in the YTT or Transformation Cycle, the participant’s status will pass from Work Exchange to Visitor and the above-mentioned benefits will not apply.
Work will be designated according to each one’s interest and skills in consideration of the community’s needs.
If you are interested in participating in this program, you can request your application form here firstname.lastname@example.org